Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Javelin Animatic

http://www-viz.tamu.edu/students/portales/622/javelin/javelin-01.mov

2 comments:

Nathan said...

The way the A curved before and after it threw the javelin worked nicely.

The way the A stays behind after the javelin gets thrown worked well for making the javelin look like it was traveling forward.

The way the javelin hits at the end is good.


Suggestions:
Maybe you should try making the javelin leave him faster.

I'd also make the A have more action at that point to, a lot of javelin throwers do a lot of tip towing, jumping, falling, etc, afterwards so that they don't step over a line.

Also, you might want to have some stripes or something on the ground when the javelin is traveling through the air, just so that there's something on the screen at that time.

Migcat said...

Positives:
+I like the way the javelin spins in the air. It gives a sense of motion.

+I like the throwing animation of the 'A'. The way it curves give a sense of extension.

+I like the up and down motion of the javelin and runner. It mimics the up and down motion of running.

Suggestions:
-you could actually bend and wobble the javelin as it lands.

-The running could use some work. Maybe you could cross up the legs.

-Maybe you could use some other letters to flesh out some arms.